Breakfast is an important meal of the day, which can help an individual to give energy throughout the day. In this article, we are going to learn a few healthy and quick recipes for breakfast.
Oats are the source of complex carbohydrates. For the same reason; they digest in the body very slowly and provide energy throughout the day. In this recipe, we are going to use only a few ingredients and going to make it a complete bowl of nutrition. This includes protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals because that’s what provides us energy and keeps us going. This is going to be one of the quick recipes, which will help in fulfilling the caloric requirements.
Ingredients: – In our first recipe, we are going to use unflavored quick oats for carbohydrates & proteins, milk for proteins & fats, and honey which constitutes Simple carbohydrates. Other things are cinnamon for minerals & flavor and almonds for healthy fats & antioxidants. As an option, we can add any fruits that are a good source of vitamins. These are some basic and quickly prepared ingredients and as a result, won’t take much time.
- Take some raw oats in a bowl, add some milk, and put it in the fridge overnight or for 3-4 hours. This will make the oats absorb all the milk.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge; add honey, almonds, fruits, and a pinch of cinnamon for the flavor.
- Mix it well and serve cold.
Egg or cottage cheese sandwich
Eggs are a source of protein and also contain omega-3 healthy fats, for the same reason they make a good source of healthy breakfast options and can make a good choice for a quick recipe. The cholesterol in an egg is HDL (High-density lipoprotein), which is good cholesterol and protects our heart. The nutrition profile of cottage cheese is also similar to an egg with only a slight difference. The ingredients, we are going to use, make it a complete source of carbohydrates, fats, and protein.
Ingredients: – We are going to use, Eggs or cottage cheese (Protein & fats), Wheat bread or brown bread (carbohydrates), Oil or butter (fats), vegetables (vitamins & minerals), and Mayonnaise.
- Add oil or butter to a pan and sauté vegetables in it.
- Now, add eggs or cottage cheese and scrambled it.
- Put the scrambled eggs or cottage cheese in a bowl and make a paste by adding some mayonnaise.
- Add the prepared material to the toasted bread and serve.
Another quick recipe is avocado toast, which is a tasty, high-protein, and healthful breakfast option that will keep you going until lunchtime. Find more Avacado recipes here.
Ingredients: – We are going to use whole grain bread, Avocado, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Remove the shell of the avocado, mash it and add salt & pepper.
- Toast the bread in butter and put the mixture on top.
- Serve hot with a choice of fruit juice.
To know more about Vegetarian recipes, check this article here