Hey there, car enthusiasts! Get ready to take a trip back in time to the 80’s and 90’s with Oblivion, Canada’s coolest car and culture show. Founded by Justin Sookraj in 2017, this show is a must-see for anyone who loves the iconic cars and quirky designs of the era.
From pop culture icons to unique 80’s and 90’s automotive designs, Oblivion offers a selection of the coolest and most nostalgic vehicles. The 2020 Autoshow saw the Oblivion display become the sleeper hit of the event, with seven vehicles showcased around the iconic DeLorean that starred in the movie Back to the Future.
But it’s not just about the cars at Oblivion – an 80’s and 90’s cultural exhibit accompanies the vehicles to help showgoers relieve the era. And to complete the time travel experience, there’s even a video arcade.
We had the chance to catch up with Justin Sookraj, founder of Oblivion Car Show, to ask a few questions.
- When did you start the Oblivion Show and why?
- Why is the show called ‘Oblivion’?
- Why do you keep doing this?
- One car you are passionate about?
- Why should people visit the show?
According to Sookraj, Oblivion is not just a car show, it’s a celebration of the culture and lifestyle of the 80’s and 90’s. He’s passionate about every car in the show and loves seeing the joy it brings to people who share his love for the era.
So, if you want to power up your flux capacitor and experience the coolest selection of 80’s and 90’s automotive icons, be sure to check out Oblivion. The best part? You won’t need 1.21 gigawatts to get there.
- You can visit the Oblivion at the 2023 Canadian International Auto Show
- Dates: Fri, Feb 17, 2023 – Sun, Feb 26, 2023
- Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre