New York, April 3, 2020: The Tribeca Film Festival will have select programming from the 19th edition, that will be presented online during the period when the main festival was scheduled to take place, April 15-26, 2020.
While the dates for the main festival are to be announced, Tribeca continues to support filmmakers and creators that embody the Festival’s innovative spirit. Since its inception, Tribeca has explored different forms of storytelling and ways to connect with audiences. This online program is the latest iteration of that commitment. Now, more than ever, audiences are looking for great stories and entertainment.
Outlined below is the programming:
- Tribeca Immersive’s Cinema360 – publicly available, consumer-focused and accessible on Oculus TV, Oculus Go and Oculus Quest starting April 17.
- Tribeca is one of the first and only festivals to introduce this curated immersive experience to consumers.
- Jury and Art Awards – winners for all categories, including Tribeca X, will be announced via tribecafilm.com within the window of the original festival dates
- Among the creative community joining the jury this year are: Danny Boyle, Aparna Nancherla, Regina Hall, Yance Ford, Lucas Hedges, Pamela Adlon, Marti Noxon, Asia Kate Dillon and Sheila Nevins.
- N.O.W. Creators Market – private industry-only online market that brings together storytellers to pitch new projects to a wide-range of industry executives
- Industry Extranet Resource Hub – industry-facing access to select films and programs
- Tribeca X Awards – finalists will be showcased publicly on www.tribecafilm.com as of Friday, April 3
In addition, Tribeca has already launched these proactive initiatives:
- A Short Film a Day Keeps Anxiety Away – a daily curated online short film series featuring select award winning shorts and online premieres from multiple Tribeca alumni
- Soundtrack Sunday – live performances and celebrity soundtrack selections happening across Tribeca social media channels
- #TribecaTakeoutChallenge – an Instagram call-to-action campaign to inspire people to support their local restaurants while watching their favorite film.