CHOTTO MATTE TORONTO LAUNCHES ‘CHOTTO AT HOME KITS’ AND THE ‘CHOTTO COOK ALONG’, BRINGING THE FINEST NIKKEI FLAVOURS RIGHT TO YOUR KITCHEN
December 1, 2020: Toronto, ON – Chotto Matte Toronto, the city’s go-to destination for Nikkei cuisine, today announced the launch of ‘Chotto At Home Kits’ and the ‘Chotto Cook Along’, offering foodies the chance to enjoy the renowned Japanese-Peruvian menu from the comfort and safety of their own home.
The ‘Chotto At Home Kits’ feature step-by-step cooking guides for customers to re-create Chotto Matte’s most-loved dishes, from Padron Peppers to Black Cod Aji Miso. They also offer a sneak-peek into some of the brand’s best kept kitchen secrets.
The kits are delivered in an elegant box, mirroring the restaurant’s unique interiors, and allow for a seamless home-cooking experience, with the help of detailed cooking instructions printed on recipe cards, perfect for cooks of all abilities. Priced at $120 (+ HST) and designed for two people, the kits include:
- Padron Peppers: BBQ Spanish Sweet Peppers in den Miso
- Choclo Corn: Rocoto Butter, Coriander
- Pollo Anticucho: Chicken, Red and Yellow Anticucho Causa
- Black Cod Aji Miso: Chili Miso Marinade, Yuzu, Chives
- Asado De Tira: Slow Cooked BBQ Beef, Purple Potato Purée, Teriyaki Jus, Chives
For a more elevated experience, enjoy the ‘Chotto Cook Along’, gaining exclusive access to pre-recorded footage of Chotto Matte’s chefs, taking guests through a step-by-step Nikkei journey. Get ready to unlock secrets behind the brand’s most popular dishes and re-create a seven-course meal for two people for $200 (+ HST), including:
- Padron Peppers: BBQ Spanish sweet peppers in den miso
- Nikkei Sashimi: Cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, coriander, yuzu truffle soy
- Nikkei Gyoza: Chicken & prawn dumplings, yuzu sweet potato purée, red pepper ponzu
- Pollo Picante: Chicken, red and yellow anticucho, yuzu juice, chives
- Black Cod Aji Miso: Chili miso marinade, yuzu, chives
- Lomo a la Parilla: Beef fillet, spicy teriyaki, coriander causa
- Chocolate Crema
“This year, we have seen people spend more and more time experimenting with their cooking at home”, says Kurt Zdesar, Founder of Chotto Matte. “This is why we felt it was the perfect time to launch at at-home food experiences, enabling people to enjoy some of our most popular dishes from the comfort of their kitchens, elevating dinner time with mouth-water restaurant-quality cuisine.”
The kits are available for pick-up or delivery via Chotto Matte’s website. Orders can be delivered to households within a 7KM radius of the restaurant (161 Bay Street) and customers can also choose a delivery slot to suit their schedules. The kits can be enjoyed up to three days after the delivery date.