City’s Newest Entertainment Complex Features Amusement Gaming, Virtual Reality, Bowling and Handcrafted Dishes at Three10
VenueSafeTM Protocols in Place so Guests Can Focus on Fun
TORONTO, July 26, 2021 /CNW/ – (TSX: CGX) – Barrie is now home to the ultimate spot for eats and entertainment with the opening of The Rec Room Barrie. Located at Mapleview Drive and Bayview Drive at Park Place, the new complex spans over 30,000 square feet and offers amusement gaming experiences, delicious cuisine, and feature attractions — all under one roof. The Rec Room Barrie is the fourth location to open in Ontario and features everything you need for an amazing night out, including delicious eats and refreshing drinks after you work up an appetite from playing 100 amusement games. Located in Park Place, the venue’s unique design elements pay homage to the music scene and popular artists that once played on-site.
Owned and operated by Cineplex, The Rec Room puts the health and safety of its employees and guests first with VenueSafeTM, a set of protocols and procedures that Cineplex follows each and every day in accordance with provincial guidelines. Committed to our guests’ safety, these protocols include opening with reduced capacity, enhanced cleaning, and a games-floor and dining-space configuration designed specifically to ensure proper physical distancing throughout the facility.
Fun for all Ages
- The Rec Room Barrie features a massive amusement area where gamers of all ages can play 100 amusement games.
- Looking for the ultimate redemption? Credits earned and tracked on RFID wristbands can be redeemed at The Trophy Case, for great prizes and nostalgia-inspired treats and toys.
- Kick it old school with classics including pool, ping pong and Mario Kart, or lace-up for some friendly competition with four lanes of 10 pin bowling.
- Looking for an out of this world experience? Travel beyond reality and jump into a VRcade ATOM pod and play up to eight immersive virtual reality games.
- Join us in the live performance space for the best in local entertainment, including musical acts, comedy, DJs, trivia and karaoke once provincial restrictions are lifted.
- Got SCENE? The Rec Room guests can earn and redeem SCENE points, Canada’s leading entertainment rewards program, on food and fun!
- Calling all foodies: The Rec Room Barrie features multiple dining options with something for everyone. The full-service restaurant, Three10, is inspired by the vastness and diversity of Canada, and its menu of Insta-worthy shareables and handcrafted dishes is sure to satisfy every appetite.
- Eat while you compete! The Shed features premium poutines, savoury snacks and handhelds, and a sweet selection of made-to-order funnel cakes.
- Fancy a drink? Between the main bar and The Shed, guests can choose from 12 draught beers on tap, including locally sourced brews, making it the perfect place for sports fans to share a bite and catch the game on multiple big screens. If beer isn’t your choice of drink, there is also a wide selection of wines and cocktails to sip.
- Searching for that perfect social setting? When public health restrictions allow, The Rec Room is the ideal spot for events, with a private dining room for celebrations, meetings, team building, corporate events and parties.
Cineplex currently operates nine other locations of The Rec Room in Burnaby (BC), West Edmonton (AB), SouthEdmonton (AB), Calgary (AB), Winnipeg (MB), London (ON), Mississauga (ON), Toronto (ON), and St. John’s (NFLD). The Rec Room ranges in size from 30,000-50,000 square feet, with approximately half of the space devoted to dining and live entertainment and the other half devoted to amusement games and feature attractions. Cineplex also operates Playdium, an entertainment complex designed for teens, their friends and family, with locations in Brampton (ON), Whitby (ON) and Dartmouth (NS). For further information and to learn more about all the health and safety measures being put in place, as well as all the fun features The Rec Room Barrie has to offer, head to TheRecRoom.com.